A good sized, plain Art Deco period sterling silver photograph frame by WJ Myatt & Co 1925. Rectangular flat frame with solid oak easel backing frame and back cover, which is secured by brass corner and swivel tabs. Diagonally set strut enabling the frame to be displayed as either portrait or landscape. Hallmarked for the Birmingham Assay Office 1925 and for silversmith WJ Myatt & Co. The frame measures 22.75 cm by 17.5 cm. Aperture measures 20.25 cm by 15.25 cm.
WJ Myatt & Co was established in 1898 as manufacturing silversmiths and electro-platers - becoming WJ Myatt & Co Ltd in 1899. In 1929 they were listed with silverworks at Graham Street and Frederick Street, Birmingham and with London showrooms at 94 Hatton Garden. Initially registered at the Chester Assay Office in 1898 (at which point they were working from Caroline Street, Birmingham) - they subsequently registered with the Birmingham Assay Office in 1900 (by this time occupying their silverworks at Graham Street and Frederick Street, Birmingham). Apart from silver manufacturers they produced a number of patents including one for "Myatt Patent Daymarked Safety Razor Blades as supplied to H. M. Government". Their activity as silversmiths appears to cease after WWII.