An elegant pair of sterling silver candlesticks by Northern Goldsmiths Co, Birmingham 1927. Finely reeded edge detail to sconce integral to a simple tulip shaped capital. Capital supported on a faceted stem of elongated baluster-form with reeded detail to shoulder. Stem raised on a circular base with reeded detail repeated to its edge. Loaded bases. Fully hallmarked for the Birmingham assay office 1927 and Northern Goldsmiths Co. The candlesticks measure 19 cm in height.
The Northern Goldsmiths Company opened its first showroom in Newcastle in 1778. In 1892 company director Thomas Cooke commissioned the landmark building on the corner of Pilgrim Street and Blackett Street - engaging the young architect, James Cackett, to "design a new building of elegant proportions" - remaining one of their flagship stores. Continued success saw the Goldsmiths Group expanding across the UK, continuing as a leading quality jewellers today.
Pair of Silver Candlesticks by Northern Goldsmiths Co Birmingham 1927
These candlesticks are in overall excellent condition commensurate with age and use. Extremely minor dings to one of the candlesticks. Please see images as these form an important part of the description.